Going through separation and divorce, a child custody dispute, or any other family law matter is a stressful event in the best of situations. The ongoing effects of COVID-19 has added an unprecedented level of uncertainty.
Please rest assured, even in these hard times we are open for business. We continue to offer quick response times, access to initial consultations to ensure your questions are answered, experienced representation in court, and are accepting new clients. We also value all our team members, their families, and our community and have put systems in place to ensure their health and safety.
As the North Carolina Court System has begun to open in a limited capacity, here’s what we are doing to ensure that we continue to offer experienced legal representation and access to attorneys and the NDFL team:
- Comprehensive initial consultations are accessible via Zoom or telephone call.
- We are available to you during our regular business hours via telephone, website, and/or social media avenues.
- We are staying on top of any changes to domestic court operations and courtroom procedures.
- We continue to offer representation for mediation—virtually or in-person while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- If your situation involves litigation, we have systems in place to prepare and file court documents as needed, as well as represent you in the courtroom.
- We continue to handle emergency situations such as emergency child custody and domestic violence protective orders.
- We will continue to provide open lines of communication to ensure scheduling an initial consultation or becoming a new client is as seamless as possible.
You can find a summary of the most recent North Carolina Domestic Court procedure updates HERE, and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here, we are prepared, and we will continue to work through this together.
The New Direction Family Law Team!