View Post

My Ex Has Stopped Paying Child Support

In Child Support by Elizabeth Stephenson

Has a North Carolina court issued a child support order for the financial benefit of your child? Has the other parent of your child stopped making payments? Or are they consistently late in making child support payments? If the answer is yes, then it is likely that your ex is violating a court order and your children are being deprived. As a result, you should contact an attorney to explore filing an enforcement action. Order to Show Cause To enforce a court order, such as a child support order, your attorney must file a Motion for Order to Show Cause. This motion provides a detailed account of non-payment or missed payment of child support. When you meet with your attorney, you should bring a copy of the child support order. …